IncontiLase® Urinary Incontinence Laser Treatment in Gilbert, AZ
Are You Looking for a Urinary Incontinence Treatment in Gilbert, AZ? Look No Further! Dr. Meena Venugopal Offers IncontiLase®, a Non-Invasive Laser Urinary Incontinence Treatment That Provides Fast & Effective Results. Dial (480) 582-9183 to book an appointment.
What is urinary incontinence?
Many people have urinary incontinence; however, they may not know what it is exactly or how to treat it. Incontinence is when a person cannot prevent or control urine from leaking out, and it can largely be due to high stress factors, such as coughing, and it can also happen during and after pregnancy. It is also more common with health conditions such as obesity.The chances of a person developing urinary incontinence increases with age.However, to help with it, a person can learn and practice bladder control and pelvic floor, or Kegel, exercises – and this can help prevent or reduce it.
What are the symptoms of urinary incontinence?
There are many people who experience occasional or frequent, minor leaks of urine. However, there are others who experience small to moderate amounts of urine leakage more frequently.
There are many different types of urinary incontinence, and they include:
- Stress incontinence: This is when urine leaks out when pressure is applied on your bladder by either coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising or by lifting something that is rather heavy.
- Urge incontinence: This is when a person has an intense urge to urinate and is quickly followed by an involuntary loss of urine. People may need to urinate quite often, and this is including throughout the night. Urge incontinence can sometimes be caused by a minor health condition, such as an infection – it can also be caused by a more-severe condition such as a neurological disorder or diabetes.
- Overflow incontinence: When a person experiences frequent or constant dripping of urine, this can be due to a bladder that doesn’t empty completely when a person uses the restroom.
- Functional incontinence: When a person has a physical or mental disability, and it keeps them from being able to make it to a toilet on time. For example, if a person has severe arthritis, they may not be physically able to unbutton their pants quick enough.
- Mixed incontinence: When a person will experience more than one type of urinary incontinence.
What is IncontiLase®?
Since there are many people, particularly women, who suffer from urinary incontinence – the doctors and medical professionals at Excel Primary Care and Med Spa look for ways to help. We provide treatment for urinary incontinence usingIncontiLase®.This is a non-invasive Er:YAG laser therapy, and it is used to help treat mild to moderate stress urinary incontinence.The treatment is based on non-invasive photothermal cellular stimulation of collagen in the skin, shrinking and tightening of the vaginal tissue, and enriched collagen – the end result is the patient having subsequently greater support to their bladder.
Why should I go to Excel Primary Care and Med Spa for my urinary incontinence?
Excel Primary Care was the recipient of the 2014 Gold Arizona Quality Improvement Recognition Award. We were awarded this for demonstrating excellence in using health information technology to manage our patients with a variety of complex diseases, also report quality performance measures, and excel in clinical outcomes.
Excel Primary Care and Med Spa is located near you at 3303 South Lindsay Road, Suite 115 Gilbert, AZ 85297. We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, and Wednesday from 8:00AM – 12:00PM. Contact us today to find out more about IncontiLase® Urinary Incontinence Laser Treatment.